• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where are the big sheepies?

Small sheepies are ubiquitous and pretty easy to catch. The state record is 35.32 pounds. Where (as in what part of the water column and around what structure) do the double digit sheepies hang out? Anybody able to catch larger drum consistantly?

I catch large ones consistently, but it isnt anywhere close to the state record... I think it will be pretty difficult to out do the state record for any fish... Dont you think?

One thing I found, is that bigger drum love crayfish. If a lot of small drum are bothering you, try a whole, big crayfish. The little ones will not touch it but the bigger ones attack crawdads with gusto. Big drum are scarce because they grow so slowly. A drum as big as ten pounds can be thirty years old, and the really big ones are over 60 years old.