• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Llewellin Setter

fishtrap3

Basically an English Setter that has been bred for years to be a little closer working dog. Its kind of like a subdivision as Ryman or Hemlocks are. I have seen some very nice Llewelins out there, I don't know of anyone breeding them close to the Cities, the dogs I've seen personally have come from down south, Kentucky maybe?

fishtrap

i just picked up a llewellin pup about a month ago after much research. the llewellin blood line is probably the purist line you will find. o.k. lets hear it smirk.gif. and so far so good, great with kids, all they ever do is want to please ,seem very smart and easily trainable so far -- house broken in a week, actually bell trained to go out,loves to retrieve but at 14 weeks would rather play with it than bring it back. seems alot more agile than my lab pup was at this age, but not as independent, he always needs to be near you and follows you everywhere.its fun to see him starting to point different things. do a google search on them and you will find alot of info. the kennel i got mine out of is known all over the u.s. and is in elko . mn..its called houdini kennels, this guy also trains them and has many top dogs. you will find them if you do a search. like i said so far a great pup.

There is a "good" Llewellin breeder/trainer in the Elko area that competes and hunts with his dogs. Do a google search on llewellin setter minnesota and houdini llewellin will be the first hit in the list.