• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Initial Effort

Headin' North

O.K here goes.These are the first shots with the new camera.Elementary I know,but it's going to take some getting used to.Not to mention developing the artists eye and tech skills to get good at this.

Any comments/critiques will be much appreciated.

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

Your exposures are excellent, and the composition is good. It's especially good to see that you've got enough depth of focus that the whole row of flowers in the first shot is sharp. And the chipmunk is far enough away from his background so the background is soft and buttery, which isolates and emphasizes the subject. I especially like the chippie vignette with the bark mulch and the purple alyssum.

If this is your initial effort, I say your learning curve is not nearly as steep as a lot of new digital shooters I've seen. grin.gif

Thanks guys for the kind comments and in-depth critique.Steve,my wife is very happy that you commented on the alyssum.She's the family gardner and noticed the same thing in the photograph.She's got a much better eye for art than I have.I might have to buy another camera.I think the Rebel XT would fit her hand very nicely. grin.gif

By the way,I'm finding out that there'as more to this composition stuff than meets the eye... wink.gif Pun intended,as bad as it was...

Thanks again guys.

Really nice shots. I also like the isolated chipmunk shot. I won't be getting any chipmunk shots myself, I just trapped 15 in my yard, most of them were living in my house between the basement and main floor. frown.gif