• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did anyone fish the Coon Rapids Dam carp contest?

I was there. I got the very first fish...within 4 minutes of the opening. got dropped to 3rd place for about 2 hours...then I got booted off the charts. Biggest was 16.8. He also landed the 2nd biggest (13.7 I believe) but he could only take 1 place. He was a carp pro....I was in line with him in the morning. Nice 3 piece pro carp poles with all the goodies. He was from Germany, residing here now. All in all...it was a fun day. No rain like what they predicted. Action slowed down around 11.

I fish it every year for the past 10 years... I have still yet to place in it though LOL... Maybe some day... The people that place in this tournament be using their secret home made baits and all... I wonder what they put in their home made dough baits? Whatever it is, the big carps sure seems to love it...