• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beautiful sunset on the water

We were finishing fishing on Lake Zumbro when I noticed the sunset setting in. It was quite bit brighter out than the photos let on but I think it added dramatic effect by stopping down to f/8 with a fast shutter speed of around 600.

Unretouched.

156898959_3fa77a6512.jpg

156897854_528080dbdf.jpg

156896897_f3b1943f09.jpg

Nice images, Carl, very nice.

Your girlfriend (wife?) looks a little blue, and I don't mean depressed. grin.gif If you pull up the image and use the hue/saturation feature and experiment with desaturating blue and cyan, you can get rid of some of that blue without taking too much blue out of the sky. Or you could use the lasso to isolate her face and remove those blues from her face alone, not touching the nice balance of the sunset.

Again, nice work.

yup,you're right. probably because it was so dark and the flash gave her a bit of a blue tint i suppose. BTW, she is my wife :-).

I didn't have a backup disk and I ran out of room or I would have taken more and played with the white balance settings.

that is an amazing sunset. What details (fstop etc)? f/8 fast shutter?

Did you hand hold it or have a tripod? I shy away sometimes of focusing directly with the sun in the picture but your picture turned out great.