• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We got kinda a late start (NSU graduation the night before), and ended up on the water at 9. The wind was already pushing 25mph so most everything was a struggle. I think we had gusts well over 30mph.

We ended up working a point on the NW end where the point ran a long ways out in the water with a depth of 2-3’ on top dropping off to 7-9 sharply on both sides. We worked that point in every direction, at it produced fish. The action wasn’t fierce, but we ended the day with 3 eyes and about 15 northern. Everything was released to swim another day. 2 eyes went 17.5 and the other was a healthy 22.5” The norskies were 2-5lbs

I think the 1/4oz jig and minnow did the best (lime green), but it was nearly impossible to cast or feel anything with it. We tried the 3/8oz size, but that came up with full-time weeds. I kept one rod rigged with a Rapala long cast (perch pattern) and I would cast that out every now and again. The Rapala produced several northern and 1 eye.

It seemed the Northern were up in the shallows 2-4’ and the eyes sat on the drop in 5-7’

ty_eye.jpg

jack_eye.jpg

ty_pike2.jpg

ty_pike1.jpg