• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baltimore Oriole

AQUAJOE

Nice to have those beauties back eh Joe? We have atleast set pair that are setting up nesting in the back part of our yard/neighbors yard, when those babies come I will be going through ALOT of Grape Jelly. I saw the Rose Breasted Grosebeak quite a bit today as well... I guess it helps when your outside doing projects. Keep posting those pics Joe! wink.gif

I wish I had better camera's for the type of pictures I would like to take. I need to find a starter digital setup and a few lenses.

The funny thing about the Oriole's that came today they literally let me walk right up to them. I was within 3 feet of them when taking those pics.

I have not put out grape jelly yet. They are devouring the oranges I am putting out.

img03431af.jpg

Thanks Joe, I didn't even notice earlier, but that Oriole is chowing on your suet!! I've never seen that before, however the Robins keep eating the fallen suet pieces under my suet log. wink.gif

Yea they spent alot of time at the suet. In the dish next to the oranges had mealworms in it and they were chowing on those to. That was really ticking off the chickadees. They were chatting pretty heavily at the Orioles.

The Orioles at my feeders are hammering the suet plugs as well. This is the first year I have seen them eating suet. I also have an Oriole feeder and set out oranges and they visit all, but seem to prefer the suet.