• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red Lake Slab!!!!!!!!!!

Toby

I was just looking through my picture archive and I found this one of a 16 inch crappie I caught on Red Lake. The picture was taken about five years ago so its kind of cool. What do you think a crappie of that size weighs?

scan0012.jpg

If it is truly 16" it should probably go around the 2 lb. 8 oz. mark. I have caught many 15-15.75 category here on Rainy and the 15.75 went two pounds five and a half ounces, so two and a half pounds would be a realistic mark in my book.

Toby, great picture, I saw it in the Brainerd Outdoors Radio contest. Thanks for listening and keep sending in the pics!!

I would agree with Matt J. on this one. A Red Lake crappie at the 16" mark would run close to 2.3 - 2.4.

The northland tackle catch and release chart says a 16" crappie would be about 2.2lbs. I've never fished Rainy so I'm not saying Lips is wrong but eveyone else is closer to this mark as well.