• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Was out Friday and Saturday. Really good bite on the south side Friday afternoon for walleyes. Rigging with leeches and other rod with jig/minnow.

Saturday, morning really slow. The walleyes really turned on after 3:30pm or so. Must have caught 80 on the weekend. Down from the last few years when you could catch 200 to 300 in a weekend but still fun. The fish are very healthy. The fish that were 13 inches two years ago are now 16 inches with wide bodies.

Friday the fish were biting in 8 to 10 feet. Saturday, the morning the fish were in 8 to 10 again and in the afternoon the fish were out deeper, 10 to 15 feet.

If the weather holds, next weekend should be just as successfull.

Good Luck!

I'm heading out that direction next weekend, so I hope the weather holds. Were you rigging the leaches on under a slip bobber, or lindy style, or other?

Were your fishing near structure or flats?

Well, being that many of the other area lakes are a bit slow, i fished waubay again last night. Fished from 7-8:30 pm. Not sure how many i caught--lots. Caught them in 10-12 ft outside of trees. Used jig and minnow. Switched to plastics to see if i could get bigger ones. Didn't really work. Took home two 16in. Nice eaters. Was pretty fast-couldn't keep up with two poles. (one dead-one pitching) Have caught a few fish on other lakes but hasn't been anything to brag about. Gonna try a couple this weekend that are out of the way and i usually have luck on. We'll see. PerchJr, suppose you're too busy to fish now?

Hey verg, I went golfing today, and going tommorrow morning also (railroad life you know) and I have to go to a wedding Saturday night, so no fishing this weekend!!! Keep in touch and let me know where the big ones are, Nelson and I will be over some night or even a day off to show yah how it's done!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

[email protected]