• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Field trial this coming weekend

duckbuster

Hello: For all of those who are interested, there will be a dog trial this weekend and actually next weekend as well in Princeton.

Go 6-10 miles west on hwy 95 out of Princeton. It will be on the south side of the road.

There will be dogs from all over the country, along with some of the best trainers.

Friday, Saturday & Sunday this weekend & next.

Come and enjoy what these animals can do!!!

You running DB? Dave's dog is entered... this is do or die summer for her. Guess she is doing well again, she needs to put the whole day together though... we'll see...

Good Luck!

Ken

Hey LABS: Ya, we are going to run just the Open this weekend. Next weekend we will run both the Open & the Amateur.

She just came out of season and like some females she has hormonal problems. It really scatters her brain. She hasn't been training real well. Cross your fingers, we'll see what happens.

Labs,

Thinking of entering my dog in Hunt test down here in Iowa to get his JH.

Never been to a trial before but heard that it is 4 marks in a row. Is it just a dummy or live birds or what??? Is it true that I have to do this at 4 different tests to get him titled? I know that my dog can do it I was just wondering some of the specifics.

Thanks smile.gif

No dummies. All real birds. I believe you will get one flyer per stake in the hunt tests. I believe they use nothing but ducks like the field trials.

I would suggest that you go to one or 2 before you enter. If for no other reason than to acclimate yourself to the surroundings. Bring your dog with you and leave him in the truck so that it can hear the different sounds of the event.

Most of these Hunt Test now will have nearly 200 dogs competing in 3 differnt events.

GOOD LUCK & ENJOY IT.

I would like to end by saying be very careful with this new thing/hobby because it will suck you in and hook you hard before you even know it!!!!!!!! It is a great thing to be involved in. There are more knowledgable dog people than you will ever find in one place.

just wondering what they do with all the ducks after they are done with the trials. is there a chance to pick up some for training purposes or do they get used over again. thanks for the input...

Jp

There is a flyer shot in the 1st series of each stake. The rest of the birds are used from previous events. There are 4 stakes that usually last 4 series with a total of somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 dogs. Most of the birds are not in very good shape by the end of the trial. What is left usually goes in the freezer for club training nights. I would guess in some cases some of the club members do take some home as well.

If you attend the trial it wouldn't hurt to ask a stake marshall or a club member if you might be able to get a couple of the used birds at the end of the trial.

I notice that you are from the Warroad area. I'm guessing that Fargo would be closer to you than Princeton. If that is the case, Fargo is having their trial June 10-12. Their trial grounds are very easy to find.

Let me know if you would have interest going to that trial and I will get you directions.

GOOD LUCK!!!

SEABASS: Maybe you are from St. Cloud by way of Warroad. St. Cloud will be having their trial the weekend of May 26-28th. If you need directions to the trial grounds let me know.

Duckbuster: yes i am from warroad but now live in st. cloud. i know where the trial grounds are and have been there before. thank you for the dates on the up coming trial runs.

Jp