• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

To any of the tournament fisher-men/women with sponsorship obligations:

If you have sponsor stickers made for company logos or names to put on your boat, are there certain types or styles or manufacturers of stickers that are easier to remove than others?

Do you avoid putting them on the hull and put them on the windows only?

What sort of methods or solvents do you use for removal if you sell the boat or have a change in sponsorship?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, KJK.

To take them off a hull, a blow drier works well. Warm up the decal and it should peel off. To take them off a window on a pickup topper, a razor blade will also work. Then use Goo-Gone or WD-40 to get the remaining glue off.

PoleBender

A few years back I had sponsors stickers on my boat. I have yet to find a solvent that can take the residue off completly. I have tried nearly all brands of sovent and even had one that started taking off my pinstripes on the boat but not the decal residue. Must be really good stickers. I'm hoping that they will just wear of with washings and wax jobs over time.

I am open to any suggestions as well.

mw

Mike:

I have never found a decal that you couldnt get off with very little glue left if you use a heat gun to warm up first.Usually laquer thinner will remove the glue but you have to use very little and be very careful not to soften the paint up to much or you will remove the finish.You could call the guy that made the decals and ask him what he uses to remove them.

As stated above a heat gun and then I will pick up one corner and hand pull the decal off with next to no glue left on the finish.

I have also used acetone,but be very carefull.I would test it in a spot you cant see.

You also need to be careful with the heat gun to not get it real hot.I have used my wife hairdryer but I burned it out trying to get the decals hot enough to remove the decals without leaving glue residue.