• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I wanted to express my thanks and gratitude to all at the Sturgeon Excursion that helped me get to the hospital on Saturday night.

I have had back trouble for a few years; it just came to a head after fighting that sturgeon.

I have three severely herniated discs and I managed to fragment or tear a chunk off of one that pushed up against the nerves in my spine creating extreme muscle spasms and the loss of muscle control in my lower extremities. In sense I was not only in some pretty nasty pain I was also semi-paralyzed leaving me stuck and unable to move under my own power. If I wouldn’t have made it to the hospital when I did I could have lost all the nerve control going to my legs. Thanks to all of you the medical staff at the Baudette hospital was able to stabilize me and prevent this.

I’m not really sure what took place around me but I did hear that a picnic table was taken apart, a stretcher was conjured up from something around the place, the door of the cabin was removed and a whirlwind of guys all did everything they could do to help me out.

I can not thank all of you enough for what you did. I don’t really know the whole the story of what was done by who but I do know that you all dropped everything you were doing and did everything you could for me.

I cannot thank you all enough.

I am truly surrounded by a group of outstanding sportsmen and friends that go by the simple name of Fishing Minnesota.

Oh by the way Paul W., I promise to never pick on you again for having to much packed in your truck during these trips. wink.gif