• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowfishing

Well guys anyone seeing any running yet up the streams? I am just curious because I am stuck up north until may, would like to know how the season is going to pan out. Hopefully where I am from they will be in the streams until sometime in june, as I am hoping they arent there yet! I wish they would move the start of the season back a week, seems like we are missing a lot of the spawn down in Southern minnesota. Thanks, brian-

The suckers are running strong in the creeks I checked today. Easter sunday there were suckers and walleyes both, so in a week I'm sure it will be mostly winding down. That is in NW MN so I would think southern streams would be at least a few days ahead. Last year the run peaked 2 weeks early and I didn't get a single sucker. Carp of course will be later but it gets really frustrating to watch the sucker run go by from the sidelines most years.

I live by brainerd and we checked one of our spots last monday and we saw like 20 carp in probably and hour, they weren't going to crazy mostly small and weren't in too big of a hurry to get up stream. We also saw tons of suckers more than ive ever seen while carp shooting so i think its still got a ways to go. The carp we saw were in the river and saw none in the creeks yet but if we get some real warm weather its going to be on.