• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Missed out last year can anyone tell me wher to fish bitter this time of year?? I am aware of the merc warning just looking for some cpr walleyrd...big bitter lk ones! heading up this weekend any info appreciated

The best fishing in the spring is typically at the North end of the Lake. Like anything else, it all depends on the wind. There is a row of trees in the water that has 12 FOW along it and I’ve done well there.

There is also a great rock point at the far north end of the lake. It’s right in the backyard of the guy that has the lamas and goats living right in the town of Waubay. Pitching jigs at the rocks, rocks!

Another thing I will note is be super careful on Bitter. On the south end there are tons of sunken rock islands that are more than willing to eat props and lower units. The north end has trees and more sandy sunken islands (and bars), but I would use caution and keep the speeds at par.

Thanks tyler we should get together sometime!! I have fished bitter alot in the summer along those sunken islands on the south and did very well. Last year i heard from someone that the spring bite almost all took place in the sw cor...we went there and at the landing there was 50 boats could not find more then 5 of them...explain this too me please. Like I said lets fish together this summer sometime....Let me know about your hot bite I will let you know about mine...

you are right, fishing WAS decent on the sw side. North was slower. fishing in all has slowed as well. fished spawned last week. it seems they take a little time off before they get aggressive again.

fished both bitter and waubay today. waubay in the morning and bitter in the afternoon. Was tough fishin' in the rain and wind, but was worth it. fish were very easy to come by. going to thompson in the morning. will report.