• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will Antero fill this year?

Hey guy's,

Let me know if you think it will or won't fill this summer.

I hope there is enough snowpack to fill it this summer. I have such great memory's of big fish caught through the ice and open water from that reservoir. I tried to get a look to see how much water there was last summer but the road was closed to the reservoir. Denver Water has been pretty tight lipped about their plans to reopen for fishing and camping?

Let me know if you've heard anything.

Heart Pumping...Good Fishing

Paul,

I talkd to Denver Water yesterday and they basiclly said the same thing. It's not a priority but they did say they thought they might be able to get the reservoir over half full this year and hope to have it open by next summer or fall for fishing. They did say there might be an outside chance it could fill this year but they don't think they would open for fishing until next year either way. They need to restock the lake with fish and give them some time to grow. I also heard the state (they don't have the resources) has been trying to find a contractor to run/manage the campground, but they haven't had much luck. Of course this would end the day's of free camping there.

Mark