• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lab at a hole Chicken Leg Now what ?

dwag70

Should I look for ... I gave him an extra helping of dog food and half a loaf of bread to help push it through ?

He did not break the bones in his mouth he swallowed hole !

What should I watch for to make sure he is not sick ?

When was this?

I had a small dog (under 12 pounds.) that did that also. I called the vet and they said feed it bread soaked in caster oil until the oil comes out it's pores until it passes. I did and a few days later it slid right out.

If he didn't shatter the bone, you shouldn't have to much problem with it. It may even totally disolve from the stomach acid. Keep and eye on him... if he was going to have problems passing it, he'll show signs of problems going to the bathroom.

Good Luck!

Ken

Thanks !!

How the heck he ate a 5 in long fried chicken leg without chewing is beyond me .. But it was my breakfast and I got up and it 2seconds it was gone and he gave me that ...What me I didn't do anything look !!!!! I and watched him do it !!

Something to remember for future problems is the use of Hydrogen Peroxide. One of my dogs grabbed my daughters mitten when we were feeding them and swallowed it by the time I could get to him. I poured a bunch of Hydrogen Peroxide down his throat and he puked it up within ten minutes. Pour it down carefully so they don't aspirate on it and also don't make them puke if it is something caustic that they swallowed.