• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Codydowg, Beaverbrook meeting this Wednesday!!

Benny

Hey bud the members and board meeting is this Wednesday, trap leage captians meetings this week as well.

Tuesday at 6:30 for Tuesday nights and Wednesday at same time for the wed night leagues.

Benny

Thanks for the reminder. I had it on my calendar and all day yesterday I kept hitting snooze. I have to write the letter yet to bring.

By the way, I didnt see any Benny on the officer list on the letter they just sent me....are you an imposter?? Just kidding. In the immortal words of Jack Buck-"and we'll see ya...tomorrow night!"

Yep, will be there around 7PM,besure to check back here late tonight or early tomorrow .

If there are any updates I will post them here tonight, after the captains meetings.

I know we are adding some rules like no burning of any kind.

No booze on the fireing line.

No horseplay with vehicals in the parking lot, or road leading to and from the club house.

Reason is last year we had some people start a bonefire right in the middle of the parking lot.

They burned up a picnic table and all the fire wood from the rifle shack.

Not to mention they never cleaned up the burn pile afterwards.

We had some people getting a little too drunk and bring beer up to the line when they are not supose to go past the walk way with the booze.

Also had a few near misses with drunks doing donuts in the parking lot and racing each other out on the road to the club.

I almost got ran over leaving one night, some one-who-thinks-I-am-silly came out of the club road and road my back side right up tp HWY 65.

I should have slamed on the binders, but he was so close I would have taken the short end on that one.

Benny

Sorry I didn't introduce my self, I actualy forgot about you being out there till Val gave you the floor.

I was the blonde haired guy to your left at the same table and second in from the end.

Had on a blue Columbia parka, sat next to the old timer who studdered all the time:) Sorry Oze, had to rib ya one time.

Benny

Yea,I seconded it.Wasn't quick enough to motion to accept.

I am still learning the in's and out's of being a board memebr.

You missed the argument I had with another board memeber over having a bone fire in the middle of the parking lot.

He claimed it wasn't in the middle but off to the side and that he was out there setting by the fire.

I then asked him why he allowed them to burn the picnic table and all the fire wood from the rifle shack and espcialy him being a board member and not saying something.

I later found out it was his team and family members who started the fire!!!

I think it will be a great turn out for your PF deal, I know there were several people at the rifle sight in that were asking if it was us who sponsered the event.

And they were planning on bring more kids next year.

Talk with you later.

Benny

I do agree with you about the booze and guns.

But it's like any other sport, you just can't get rid of the drunks if the people who are in charge drunks them selves.

I am only one of two board members who agree to get the booze off the fireing line and back behind the walk way.

All the rest all want to have thier booze, all in the name of having fun.

And some of the powers that be think we would loose to many shooters if we tried to get rid of the drinking while shooting.

I don't believe we will have any problems loosing shooters, where are they going to go?

Metro is going to be gone soon, St. Anthony is gone,St. Frances will be gone soon,Mineapolis gun club is being pushed to move now as well.

Forest lake will be targeted as soon as they close metro, as will Beaverbrook.

I don't have any problems with the people drinking and having a good time, just not up at the trap stations.

Benny

Losing those type of people would be for the best. How much are you gonna lose when someone shoots someone cuz they are drunk?

I hope the turnout is good. It is a lot of work to put that event on.

Seems like you have some curmudgeon's on the board. Did I tell you about the condition we found the place in last year? And one of the old timers was walking his dog out there and just stood and looked at us as we cleaned up all the messes...before we could start setting up.

Sorry to hear that your group found the club in poor shape.

We do have trouble with the local kids parting out there from time to time.Could have been the day after one of thier party's?

The rifle range is usualy the worst, no one respects that area for some reason.

As for the rest of the area it is usualy cleaned up nice.

The trap kids do a good job of cleaning up after a shoot, some times I think they take more pride in the club than some of the life members do.

I have a note book page of things I want to change , but I have to get my name and face known to the members and the board members who are longing for a change as well.

Benny

Let me know if there is anything I can do. I am a member out there ya know. You have some set-in-their-ways type folks to try and convince.

No, it wasnt kids partying, it was very clearly a club function. But it is in the past, so dont worry about it.