• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brush anchors.

CrappieJohn

Weare looking right down the throat of the up-coming open water season. Each year it seems that some more new and improved "gotta have" stuff hits the market places, but here's one that costs but pennies and can really help you stay put when fish brush or visible wood.

Take the clamp off an old jumper cable.Open the wire retainer clamp on the handle and lay a piece of good quality 1/4 nylon rope with a knot in the wire's place. Close the wire clamp uponto the rope. Measure about five feet of rope from the clamp end and secure another couple knots and trim it to that length. Wind the rope around the clamp to store it and whey you are ready to fish some brush just clamp the clamp to some of the stronger twigs and tie the other end to the boat. At five feet this will allow you to fish the brush will little disturbace to it.

Cheap, effective. Think about it.

Busy mind id all dude. I have been using these for years. If you stop and think about some of this "thicket" fishing as I call it, the worst thing a guy can do is anchor right up in it. The fish are not going to be below the boat where you can get to them if you are in tight. You open up a whole new area to actualy toss your jig if you allow the boat to slide off the cover and simply hang there. This is great in a breeze or wind. You'll make a little stir when you fasten up, but when the lines tighten things will settle right back down. I have used these on everything from docks and trees to brush and bouys. Matt Johnson and I fished in a backwater last summer and we used these to stay on hidden fish by clamping to lily pads!

There are no limits with these simple tools. Right now I think I have four of these in the boat.