• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fished pick over the cold spell, Some Beach!! Some Where!!,

It was COLD!!! The fish bit well but were on the small side. Had alot of problem with moving around alot because I had my young kids along so we kind of stayed on the small fish and enjoyed the action. Friday from 2 till dark the eyes bit so good, alot of the time you could not even get your jig to the bottom before getting inhaled. We caught the smorgusboard of fish each day, the kids really enjoyed catching so many different species of fish. We tried something different this time and fished right on top of the island in 18ft. Talked with alot of other people who didnt have near the action with about the same amount of keepers coming out of deeper water. Anybody fished Lynn?

Nice report. I experienced the same type of thing back in Rochester, MN. I went out (same dates) and didn't expect much with the massive cold front we had move through. We actually caught fish. We didn't smack them hard, but caught 80% of the fish we marked with was pretty darn good I thought. It goes to show that fish can be caught during and after a cold front.

Tyler, I to was as surprised as you were with the fishing. I was telling the kids not to get their hopes up because of the front that had past through. When I started looking for likely spots that would hold fish after a front they were not there in numbers, so I started to think out of the box and went shallow and my hunch rewarded us with a great three days of fishing. I was surprised at how aggresive the fish were. We started with raps and used them all three days. We did experiment with other jigs but had the most success with the raps(smallest). I guess sometimes we have to go against everything we have been taught and go on instinct and luck, and sometimes the fish?????Bite.

Percherman, is it pretty easy to find the island? Are there other house on it or a road that goes to it? Or would you have GPS coord that you wouldn't mind sharing. Going to be going to Pickerel in the middle of next week with my dad. We have fished the lake before but never on a island. We just would like some action, no matter the size. Any info that you have would be great.

Thanks, The Freak

Also do you know if Enemy Swim is kicking out any fish?

Freak, good to here someone going to pick instead of waubay for a change. I think it is a highly under rated lake. Anyway I wish I had GPS coor but I dont but it is very easy to find.Get a map of the lake. Draw a straight line east and west and north and south disecting the island that is straight east of the boat ramp, you will want to be fishing in 18' of water. Look at the land marks to the west of the island, go straight east off the first point on the west shore south of the boat ramp not quite to the middle of the lake and you should be on it. The island runs north and south so you may have to drill holes about 15yd apart E&W untill you find it. The north edge of the island seems to hold more fish than the south. I always go to far east so start off drilling plenty far west unless youhave a hand held depth scanner that goes through ice.

As far as Enemy goes I talked to a couple people coming off the ice who had a few small 15" eyes, they didnt have hardly a bite till evening, think they were more in to the bottle bass than anything though. Checked a update said it has been kicking out a few eyes, gills and the crappie are still going pretty good. Hope i have been alittle help.

Good Luck on your fishing trip. These are the great memories we will always have of our dads.

Live for the moment!!

Hey perchman were u the guy from nebraska with the small kids that told me and my dad where to go we had the big green and silver pickup and i think the night u told us where to go u fished like 300 yards away and didnt do much niether did we.

hey perchman were u the guy fomr nebraska with the younger kids we were in the silver and green dodge me and my dad and younger brother dad was a bigger guy we helped u pick up and move and u showed us the island spot

percherman just was out his last weekend 4-5 on started on waubay on saturday morniend with two other guys had six eyes to keep and 17 perch then went that night and finished up the limit had a couple pigs flirting with 14 inches in the perch area, went back sunday mornign got lost and couldnt find the spot ended up like 3 miles away finally found kanago access went back to town to regroup let the fog clear other buddy left me and dad went back out on Waubay and found spot and it was fast as you could catch them we quickly caught out twenty and they were nice 12-13 inches one at 14 and we fished another hour and caught probably 60 perch in an hour and a half best fishing I ever had on waubay it was a load of fun thier was alsways a thick red band on the vexilar.

Rattle Will you be heading back there this weekend? I am coming up to fish on sat with dad and boys. Maybe we could hook up? I Think we have a few Posts going so maybe we should stick to just one. The Island at pick is played out my buddy was there a few days ago and all he caught were dinks. Just to much pressure lately. He was quite a few places on the island with his camera and the fish were just scattered and small. With all the good reports I have heard coming in I think waubay is the place to be. I would like to get your E address so I could talk to you about my fishing trip the following weekend frid and sat I am looking for accomodations for frid and sat night.

Here is my Email [email protected]

I look forward to talking to ya and maybe I can talk to you live.

Dean