• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DewFish - Welcome to FishingMinnesota!

Lynn Lake is an excellent trophy panfish lake. There are good numbers of crappies over 12” and good numbers of gills over 10” (according to the netting results for 2005). I’d say Lynn is your best bet to come across trophy sized pannies.

To be honest, Lynn has always been one of those lakes where I should have been there yesterday. I’ve caught fish there, and pulled some limits of eyes a few times, but never really had a good panfish day.

I’ve seen people fish the trees for crappies. Both ice and open water. I’ve also seen crappies relating to a rip-rap shoreline. My favorite place to fish on the Eastern bay-like area along the Southern shoreline.

I can’t recall catching a single gill in Lynn, so I cannot help there.

Double check each fish you catch as there are several tagged fish in there. I caught one 18” walleye a few years back and my uncle has got 3 or so in the past 5 years.

Anyone have any recent reports on Lynn? I haven't heard much on this lake this winter, but heard some good reports last spring/summer. I've heard it can be tough out there in the winter, but I would like to give it a try. We will be out next week to do so. Thanks in advance!