• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pics of my ride

Bob Horn

How fast can you go with them on? I am getting a X2 and would like to get some. We have some remote lakes we ice fish and sometimes we are limited by the 4 wheeler when there is some snow. I hate using a snowmobile because it is hard to haul all of our gear. I currently haul my wheeler in the back of my truck so is the width any wider with these or is it the same as a wheel?

I had it up to 50 with at least a 1/3 of the throttle left. It's new so I didn't want to push it and I think that was enough. The tracks are not recommended for the X2 from what I understand. I would like to have a two person atv but the tracks aren't for that. Maybe Dave would know why or call Polaris direct.

I have no idea why Polaris tracks wouldn't be okay on an X2. That doesn't make sense. Also, the Prospector tracks may only be for snow use. I haven't verified that yet.

If like Mattracks, you'll probably lose 20% top speed using tracks due to gear reduction. I cannot fit my Sportsman in the back of my truck with tracks on either.

Your right they are not recommended for the X2 yet. That stinks! Hopefully they come out with them for it. Dave, how are the Mattracks as far as price compared to the Prospectors? Is there a lot of maintainance on them?

Well, Mattracks are probably twice the price (about $5000 for Mattracks) but, they can be used all year long, in any type of terrain. I believe the Prospector kit, as well as the new Bombardier track kit, are recommended for snow use only. Maintenence involves a shot of grease to 6 zerks per track every couple of weeks; depending how many miles you ride and what type of terrain. There's also the track tension that can be adjusted when needed. I haven't looked at the Prospector or BRP kits yet.

So since your used to grease zerks anyhow,and you need the tracks to get through the terrain the other brands are going through with tires,why not just sell that polaris and get a "capable" wheeler?LOL! LOL! wink.gif