• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappies after cold front

alwaysfishin

After a cold front moves through and everything seems to be just lookers. Is going super small about the only option? It seems like they'll follow it up a few feet then lose interest or barely nibble at it after it hasn't moved for some time. Does anyone have any favorite jigs after a front? Any techniques that seem to work good?

Thanks for any info.

I was out last night and experienced the same thing. I could see lots fo crappies down there, and they would come up to my jig no problem, but then they would just stare at it or barely inhale it. Not enough to hook them most of the time. I started with a #6 Ratso, then a #10 Demon, then a #10 or #12 Ratso. Didn't pick up much. It seemed that after they came up to the jig, if I gave it two little hops then let it sit, they'd go after it. I also threw down a small jigging Rap for alittle while and picked up two. Soon after, I got too darn cold and packed it in.