• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

City Auto Glass Walleye Classic

Thanks. We want to make this annual event that people can pencil in from year to year. Fortune Bay is working with us and we should be able to give quite a bit back to the anglers at our Friday night dinner/drawings/ and rules meeting. I hope to see you there.

There is no horsepower minimum, and it is catch and release. Also, a livewell is mandatory. Thanks for the good question. Those were to be reviewed at the rules meeting.

I believe my partner & I are in... looking forward to this. First Tourney we've fished, but kind of a home lake for us... Sounds like fun!

Then again.. after talking with the old partner, he's decided that he can't this year.... not sure whether I'll be in or not.... crazy.gif

I have been getting several calls as to where we are at for registration numbers. We are currently in the mid 30's, so there is still plenty of room left.

This is the way the DNR permitted us. It certainly would have been nice to have the option of 2 over, but 1 anglers' limit is all they would allow. Things are progressing nicely. The applications are starting to come in at a better pace, and we have more sponsors climbing on board daily. If you haven't got your application in yet, I would encourage you to do so by the end of the month.

I could use a quick clarification on the catch & release thing. you mean that we catch them, bring them in for weigh-in and then they all get released at a later time, correct?

Or is there going to be a judge in every boat so we can release each fish as it's caught?

Thanks - that's what I thought.

So, my partner told me that you said there's 40 or so boats signed up so far?

C'Mon FM'ers we need to get the word out for this thing! Let's get a full field and make it a big success for the charities involved!!! grin.gif

We still have some work to do. I would love nothing better than to have a full field for the anglers. Lets go guys, if you haven't got your entries in yet, please do so. I have about 25 names of guys that wanted a spot reserved, but I still haven't seen any entry forms. Also, we are extending our deadline until the night of the rules meeting.

So how's the field looking at this late date? Are we close to the full field?

With the fishing being so good on opener, I'm looking forward to having a real competitive time out there!

I am hoping for some more late entries. My WONDERFUL accounting gal has been so kind to give me updates on number of entrants when I ask. I realized last week that she was giving me total anglers, and not total boats. I apologize for giving you all incorrect data over the past few weeks. We currently are at 33 boats. There is a very good bite going on right now. My 4 year old and I caught over 50 walleyes Saturday morning. Our biggest was a nice 27", and no I won't tell you where that was. She is still swimming around cool.gif

Results? Hmmm... well, the weather didn't cooperate too well, big fish was 6.25 or so... and the guys that caught it brought it in to weigh by 7:15...

My partner and I made a rookie mistake, or might've had a shot at finishing in the money,

I don't know names, etc. though... All in all, Jamo ran a great tournament, and I look forward to fishing it next year!! Hopefully we won't have hurricane force winds next time!

Jamie - Well run, tons of fun, got a little wind & sunburnt, learned a few things... guess it don't get much better!! Thanks for everything!

I want to send a big THANK YOU to all who participated. The feedback we have received has benn very positive. We have plans to make things bigger and better next year. Our sponsors were pleasantly surprised at the way things went, and they want to help us grow this thing next year. We have set the date for next year, May 19, 2007. We are already working so that we can try and guarantee the $10,000 1st place prize.