• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone have any advice for lakes to fish around the Hudson area? I am visiting a friend for an evening and he would like me to take him out on the ice. I am completely unfamiliar with the area, ice conditions, etc. I have all the equipment needed except a wheeler or sled so I am assuming we would be walking to where we want to fish. I suppose we would be most interested in walleye, crappie, other panfish, and/or northern in that order. Thanks in advance for any help.

Green and Gold, one lake that fits all of the species that you mentioned except it doesn't have alot of walleye is Bass Lake between Hudson and Somerset.It has good sized bluegill and crappie and smaller northerns.There is a landing on the north end and just pull out and ask some of the people some questions.They'll tell you some tips.Take County "I" to 153rd ave.(it only runs east) and you'll run into the lake and the landing.Hope this helps.Good luck.

Thanks so much Sinker! I will do a little research on it and try to figure out some spots that may hold fish. 2 more quick questions: 1) Do you have any idea on ice conditions/thickness. I am assuming it is safe to walk. People aren't driving are they? 2) Is there a bait shop in Hudson, or would somewhere along the way be better? Thanks again! JH

Green and Gold,no problem.I was out there a week ago and walked out with the flip-over.There was a good 7"-8" of ice.I was in 16' of water after dark and had crappies suspended all over but could not get them to take anything I tried.Other times they'll slam crappie minnows on a jig.For bait,it depends on where you're coming from.They have bait to the south at the Cenex in Burkhardt.You would go south on "I" to County "A",hang a right over the bridge and you run right into Burkhardt.Hope this helps and Good Luck.