• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arrowhead resort/hotel

TV BOY

I'm looking for a nice place to stay (near silver bay?)for a trip I'm planning for my Wife and I. Any suggestions, comments on places you've stayed will help.

We have a pantera so being on the trail would be ideal. Ditch banging doesn't work so well with a co-pilot grin.gif

We made the mistake in Michigan once booking a hotel that pretty much catered to skiiers and was very far from the trails.

You can also sled right from the SB AmericInn on 61. You do have to sled thru town to the NS trail but the place has a waterslide (lots of fun for my 3 year old last year!) and a big parking lot for trailers.

We stayed there too. It was new last year, very clean, breakfast was included and way less expensive than the fancy places also mentioned. Can get lake view rooms if you want, and the water slide is a nice touch too. Don't get me wrong, the others are very nice places and we've stayed there too on more special occasions, but for snowmobiling (and ATVing) we spend so little time at the place we opted for the less expensive one.

TV BOY,

I work at Grand Superior Lodge and am pretty much in the loop on the trails right now. With the last stretch of warm temps the trails from the resorts are not in the greatest of conditions but once you get up to the North Shore trail its all good. Form our resort its about 4 miles of rough trail before you get to the good stuff on the Gooseberry trail. If you are coming mainly to ride then I would reccomend going up to Silver Bay and staying this time as you will find the best direct connect to the trail system but that can all change depending on traffic and grooming.

Otherwise if you are looking for more than just the riding you should come visit us and say Hi. Last minute bookings can generally get a better rate over the phone with a little haggling, just won't be able to guarantee the room type or availablity depending on whats left. Good luck and have fun.

I need to get some reservations soon. Any last suggestions as where to stay. Would heading up to Lutsen be a best bet vs Two Harbors,Silver Bay? We got burned in MI once staying at a Ski-Lodge (not very Snowmobiler Friendly!) and you had to ride the shoulder of the road 5 miles to the trail.

I got a sweet deal at Bluefin Bay. The gal on the phone said the trail was a few blocks away and you had to ride the ditch.

Anyone ride from there? If it is a pain to get to the trail let me know so I can make another reservation.