• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

POLARIS HELP!!

Scotteye

Quote:

Hey firemedic I'm from cloquet too. What kind of mods do you have done to your sportsman? I have an '05 sp 700 with a few extras[winch and big tires] on it. I guess I don't have any input to the post except that it's no fun pull starting big atv's in the winter. My old '02 500 had a bad battery all last winter and I had to use the recoil the whole time. I hope I never have to pull start this 700.

Hi flow intake, K&N Air filter, 40mm Carb off a 500HO with a dyno kit, ported head, 3' timing advance, team secondary clutch, 800 primary clutch, clutch kit by HPD, 3" lift, heavy springs in the rear, spring spacers in the front, 28" x12.5x12 Outlaws, 1 1/2 wheel spacers, 800 header pipe, MBRP pipe, PIA 110 watt driving lights, 3 light conversion, Air/Fuel ratoi gauge, colant temp gauge, hand and thumb warmers, Mattracks, multi-winch, plow. Pro Armour from front to back, snorkeld colant tank, coustom removable front bumper, reverse lights, gorila axles, varous gun racks (still have not found one I like). I'm sure I'm missing some other things.

My 700 had the same cold weather starting issue. The carb update fixed the problem. Totally different machine since then. Now it starts like it should in winter/cold weather.

Also when trailering make sure you turn off gas tank valve.