• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody heard of/used Fishergirl Equipment?

I caught the latest episode of BassCenter on ESPN this weekend, and they were talking to some of the ladies on the new WPBT during their exhibition tournament.

One of them was using a pink rod and had the word "Fishergirl" on her shirt.

I checked out the HSOforum, and it's kind of a neat thing, with 10% of the profits going to breast cancer research. They make rods & reels, shirts, hats, etc. that are aimed at getting girls & women out fishing.

My question is this. Has anyone used any of the equipment that they sell? If it's decent stuff, I might just have to pick up a few for my daughters and nieces...

This caught my eye a bit so I had to google it and digging around found that the rods are fiberglass and I am guessing the reels are a low end reel. Depending on how much you fish and what you are used to it would probably work out OK. If you are used to Graphite and mid range or better reels you will probably be disappointed.

But at least some of the money would be going to a good cause. cool.gif

I did see that they are fiberglass rods, which I think I could get by with for a spare rod. But, what did you find out about the reels that lead you to believe they are low end aside from price?

Stick with the Pfleuger combo. I did some more checking basically found that it's pretty much equipment meant for beginning anglers. It's supposed to be an attempt to get more girls and women interested in fishing. It's supposed to not be bottom of the line euipment, but isn't the top o' the line, either.