• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone every fished Big Round for Muskie? I know that back in the day, they were some what abundant, but I am not sure about now. I know Bone and Deer, etc.. are good lakes in the area, but I am just curious about BR and if anyone has seen any, fished for them, etc..

I have a cabin on BRL. In 1984 I caught a 50.5 x 26.5 muskie out of there. Caught it on a tube jig while fishing for crappies. The next year I saw one that was even bigger. Since then I have caught 3 muskie (2 regular & 1 tiger). I also had one on this July while casting a spinnerbait from my dock that was about 40 inches. The muskies in the lake are few and far between. The DNR doesn't stock muskies in BRL any more. What is in there is from limited natural reproduction or from swimming up the Straight River from Blake Lake.