• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wacker Baits

sightfisher

Just an FYI for all you carp fisherman. I ordered some premade hair rigs, baiting needles, and bait (boilie) stoppers from this company on Saturday. Well there here today, Monday, talk about a quick shipment. They specialize in Carp tackle. I don't know if there are any shops in our area that do; if there is please, someone, let me know. Wacker Baits is out of Chicago: give'em a look.

Hi sightfisher,

Did you happen to order any Partridge F9 hooks? Great, great carp hook, especially with maize on a hair rig. And Fox's "Anti-Eject" rig is a real smoothy. Hope you ordered up a bunch. Used with a bolt rig, those anti-eject hooks almost never fail to hook even the most skittish of carp. Good call on Wacker. Every carp angler should shop there. smile.gif

-a friend called Toad

Toad,

I picked up spome 'blow out rigs' and 'talon tipped hair rigs.' I'll have to try the anti-eject rig. Is it tied different than others? Two of the hair rigs a got have extra attachments to the hook; one has a small rubber sleeve, that can be slid, holding down the tag end to the hook shank, the other has a small ring tied to the tag end (hair piece) that can slide on the shank. Do you tie your own rigs with the Partridge F9 kook? What size hook do you usually use?

sf

I've been pretty impressed with the carp tackle selection at Wacker Baits. I've yet to order anything, but I'd be willing to bet it won't take me much longer. I think I could find room in my box for some of those anti-eject hooks and other floating rigs.