• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie Help for Bass Guy

Daze Off

It's been more than a year since I picked up my crappie rods and went hunting for papermouth slabs and I would like to give it a whirl this weekend somewhere in/near the metro where it is not too busy (i.e. Tonka). Any suggestions and/or locations? I just want to sit in the front of the boat and watch a bobber for a change....and perhaps quaff an adult beverage or two. I know some spots up near Grand Rapids but nothing local...

Anyway, thanks for whatever help y'all can provide....

Daze Off

Did you make it out to Tonka? I was out of town this weekend, didn't get a chance to check the forums since you posted until now.

For me personally, I'd pass on Tonka right now for crappies. You might be able to scrounge up some gills out there, but the crappies can be tough right now. Try heading over to the Clearwater/Annandale area and try your hand at one of those lakes instead. They tend to be a better consistent mid-summer bite.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Sounds good. There are quite a few lakes in that area, most have good panfish populations in them too. You should be able to pick up both sunfish and crappies. The evening bite is starting to pick up for crappies as well, so I would stick it out until about 7-8pm to catch the full period...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson