• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ServicingY our Bow

Anyone have any advice on what you should have done to your bow and how often to keep it in top shape. I could ask the local pro shop where I bought it, but wanted to get some other advice as well. I give it a good visual inspection each time before I use it and often check to make sure all of the bolts are tightened up good before shooting. I've been shooting pretty accuratedly with it since I bought it last fall. But I'm wondering, is there any regular maintenance I should get done every year or every couple of years?

Here's a few things that I do.

1) Wax my bowstring at least weekly

2) Verify none of my bolts have moved

- I paint a line on my bolts with a reference paint line on the bow that lines up with the paint line on the bolt. This gives me a quick check to make sure everything is still tight.

3) I grease my axles approx. 4 times a year.

4) Check my arrows for damage after I shoot a few close together if I am shooting at the same target. I have had carbon arrows explode on me when shooting because I did not do this.

5) Replace strings every 3 months. I do a lot of shooting.

6) Replace serving when it starts to show wear.

7) Clean the inside components of my release yearly.

Hope this helps.

Russ

Iceman pretty much covered it all. The average Joe is gonna need to go to the local pro shop for the string, serving, and limb pocket greasing. I also like to lightly spray all metal parts, especially after a wet hunt to prevent rust.