• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

im not sure lots of timber so unless you can use a weedless worm it may work. let me know i fish it quite abit. worms do work well along the dam in spring valley they dont have the numbers of bass like pine but its close and i have pulled 4 basss over4 1/2 lbs so far this year.

good luck

Can you fish from shore on the backside of the dam in Spring Valley. I have relatives there and would like to try fishing for something after I get my limit of trout grin.gif.

yes on the otherside of the dam is a baseball field and you can climb up the dam and down the backside of it but get in line because our friends from another country have decided to infratrate the whole backside of the dam so there goes the fish in spring valley. im not raciest but i have a problem when they get caught with to small of fish or over their limit and they say i dont know the rules or regulations and then get off scott free that really chaps my hide.

some bass are in that big shallow bay in the park use some night crawlers. there were a ton of bluegills on the topsurface of the bay on the dam side. if you now how to use a fly rod i would suggest that. you can just slay the gills and they are one heck of a fight on a fly rod. use a small jig head with a pink or red skirt

I'm not very familiar with the park area. The only places I'm familiar with are the campground and the beach. So I don't have a very good idea of the place you are talking about. I have a flyrod and I would really like to try to catch something on it. A regular pink or red jig or a fly that is pink or red?

when you first go down the big hill and you can see the water that water area is the bay i was talking about. you go down the hill and the bay is on your right hand side. when you come to the road to go to the beach dont turn go straigt and park in the parking lot and walk to the oppisite shore line

I think I can probably find it now. Is there enough room to cast with a flyrod? I'm just beginning and I will probably need a lot of space. Besides here and the base of the dam are there any other spots for any kind of fish to try?

you have never caught 50 bass in a day? i never said that i catch that many every time i go out but have u fished the lake? there is timber all around the lake also there are a few spots we carolina rig in deeper water. not going to give any locations.

Son,

I have more 50 bass days then you have had 5 bass days!! I have fished the lake many times, I know about your little deep water spots and about all the timber. I bet you have have caught more walleye then you have caught bass out there!

alright man whatever u say not here to say i catch more fish then u or not maybe u have had more 50 bass days im not here to brag im just letting u know there are alot of fish in there. not one walleye out of the lake it was fished to hard after they stocked it, and u cant troll it so lindy rigen is a little tough for me to do.