• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need a good panfish lake

I have a long weekend coming up in June in which I'd like to take my 3 1/2 year old camping. I'm pretty much looking for something within 3-4 hours of Rochester, MN so the drive isn't too awfully long. I don't need a lake that puts out huge slabs, etc, but something where I can take my son out and put him on some consistent action. Would also prefer that it be around an area with a few in town attractions I could take him to for a visit. My first choice was going to be Lake Osakis, but they have a big walleye tournament there the weekend of June 18 so that got the "X".

A much longer drive, but Mark Twain lake in Missouri ROCKS....

Other than that - Tonka, Lake Independence or check out the Alexandria area. I have heard some good things about the Alexandria area but have no facts to date.

yep fish the north end by the red barn resort with red-chart tubes it rocks

or the west side near the underwater hump (its marked) we get HUGE bluegills between the marker and shore my personal best is a 2lb2oz 13.5" one that I released and had a repo made its a good spot for walleyes after dark

the bay on the west side just north of the bridge is non-stop action with a few bass included

get your bait at Fletchers in town there great and very generous with minnows

P.S. black flu-flus with a waxie work great on the gills too

If you still need some ideas, I would recommend checking out Odowd lake in Shakopee (Scott County). Not only is there area to shore fish, but the kid quotient would be fulfilled as well. This would also put you in a good area for town attractions. You might also consider Prior Lake which is also in Scott County. Hope this helps and have a great time grin.gif