• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chamberlain Report

Thought I would post my fishing report for the Chamberlain area for the past 4 days. 4 of us fished Friday afternoon through this afternoon. Upon reading other posts, I too can say that the wind sure makes things difficult.

Friday afternoon, upon arrival, we were greeted by big winds. We decided to stay close to town and work the rip-rap areas that were fishable. We ended up catching ~20 15 - 18" fish in 6 hours of fishing. Casting cranks produced the most fish with pitching plastics a close second.

Saturday and Sunday we spent the entirety of both days in the Elm Creek area, ~30 miles south of Chamberlain. We found good numbers of 16 - 17" fish both days in shallow and also in 7 - 9' of water. Jigs and minnows were definitely the ticket both of these days.

This morning we again woke to big winds. We decided to go with Friday's tactic of casting cranks and pitching plastics to fishable rip-rap areas. We boated 6 keeper fish this morning and were on the road to home by 11:00 am. All the fish came today on a casted crank.

Total fish count for the weekend was ~75 fish with a majority of them being between 15 - 18", which turned out to be perfect for the slot that's out there. We kept enough fish for fish fries on Saturday and Sunday night and the rest were released. All in all, a great trip. Always fun to get out on the Big Mizzo'!