• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks, Crappie Tom

dwag70

Just a quick post to says thanks for the info on the paddle tails I used them in a tourny this weekend and we took 8th out of 60. Set them up just as you said in the post and did great on them. Keep all that great info comming !!!!!!!!!

Another thanks for the suggestion on junebug/chart paddletail. I've caught alot of crappies, walleyes, wipers, and even a flathead. This is my new confidence lure.

Culprits are a real asset in anyone's tackle arsenal. Just think now, a year ago hardly anyone knew of these great toys. Now they are catching on by leaps and bounds and those who have taken that step toward baitlessness with these are reaping all kinds of benefits. But now ( and I'll pat my own back here) Jrs has a paddletailed lure. And like the Culprit, it too catches fish by droves. Lots more color patterns and a soft, finely ringed body allows for a much slower drop rate that keeps the bait in the strike window much longer. It's sister bait with a rat-tail also sports the soft, ringed body. Another killer.

And don't forget the little Exude paddletails. I finally have a couple packages in hand and will put these to the test in the next day or so. The reports that I have recieved from those who have used these little guys are very favorable, so I am really looking forward to spending some time with them.

The bottom line is that the paddletail profile is going great guns in the crappie arena. I know that some of you who are seeing very good success while using the paddletails were not always of a "plastics persuation" and it is down right heartening to hear of all the luck you have found in them. Now by adding to that basic arsenal you can cover just about any demand the fish put on you and you won't even need to step out of paddletail country to do it. The inclusion of the new Exude baits brings my total for different paddletails in my box to four. And they all go to the water with me when I go. In time you guys, too, will find the room to expand on these nice baits.

My hat is off to all of you for setting doubts aside and trying some thing just a bit different.

Crappie Tom, love the new Crappie Stub Grub paddletails. I picked up four different colors at JR's this morning. Can't wait to try them while it's snowing this weekend.

Nice weather, eh? Gotta love the wind. I just mowed the portion of parkland behing our house that the city has trouble with. All the dandilion fluff is now a half mile away from out place. lol

The Stub Grubs are dandies. They have a a slow drop rate that really is good at keeping the bait in the strike window much longer....perhaps twice as long as other paddletails. That purple/chartreuse is a getter if you are doing stained water as is the blue/chartreuse in the stained but on brighter days.

I hope you find good success with them. I know I sure enjoyed designing these baits for the last three years. Its darned hard to keep ones mouth shut when you have a getter in your box and no way to get them made.

I think you deserve a cut in the profits on some of those paddletails, Crappie Tom. You have turned a LOT of people on this site onto them. They should be selling like crazy. Thank you again for telling me and everyone else about them and how to use them effectively. I've never been able to catch crappies by any other way than a minnow on a hook. Now I've been catching them easily on plastics. Thanks, Tom!