• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Backwater with no cover

CNY Lee

I'm fishing a back water section with only one tree that overhangs the water and it cast a small shadow in the water, and that's where i will catch almost 99% of my crappies. There is no structure in there and when it gets more towards dardk it's harder to catch the crappies because they start to spread out. Has anyone else ran into this problem and i think I should sink some structure or cut a few trees down so they fall in the water. Anythoughts or suggestions would be great.

Lee

I myself wouldn't sink the trees because you enter some thing new to their ecosystem and it might spook the fish for awhile. But, when night rolls around, I start looking for weeds and rocks 'cause that's where the minnows seem to retreat for the night. Bobber rigs tend to work better during the night.

Well if its public water, you can't sink any trees or other structure, its considered littering the lake, and therefore is illegal.

I would look to fish it at night, fish the weeds or rocks like stated before, the fish will move up into those areas or cruise the shallows looking for bait in lowlight times.