• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Lures for Crappies

dwag70

Has any one out there used a Mimic Minnow for Crappies ? I just picked up some in the 1/32 size and was wondering if tipping these with live bait or a scent would be helpful ? Anyone tried using these yet ? And if so what kind of success did you have? I think i may be lacking confiedence in these lures !!!

I tried a few of them last fall during a couple good bites but did not do well on them. They have a fairly large profile for being 1/32lures. The water had already turned when I fished them, but I think that if I would have tried them during the warm water period of summer I would have done better. Go ahead and try them now and if they do not work too well simply set them aside and give'm a run this summer.