• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring carp runs

Hello everyone,

I moved up here from Iowa about a year ago. Down in Iowa during April and May there are massive carp spawn runs in many lakes and rivers. I remember last April in an area where Big Creek Lake spills into Saylorville I saw literally thousands of carp swimming side by side with their snouts out of the water. Its a real blast to either fish for them or shoot them with arrows. Does anyone know of any runs like this in Twin Cities area (other than Coon rapids dam)?

Thanks

I don't know of any areas in the cities (I'm sure there are many) but around faribult on the Cannon River there is always a huge carp run that lasts into june and will be starting soon if the water warms up.

Check out rivers coming out of lakes that have a lot of carp.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!