• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's (and where) working now! OPEN WATER

It may seem early, but I am thinking the possibility of open water to be as little as a week and a half away. That might be optimistic, or rediculous, depending on if you've been fishing the river. I just want to be in my boat.

I spent some time yesterday charging batteries and making minor adjustments to certain things in preperation of some open water activity.

The "where" as above mentioned in my title isn't to be meant as a "hot spot give-away" but more as a general region for when the ice gives way to softer water conditions.

A-hoy!

I'm going tommorow here in Indiana. The river has melted & now I have a motor that runs so I'm going.

If your forecast is like ours this week (50s-60s) the ice should be gone in no time. Finally. grin.gif

here in northern iowa we have been fishing the back bays of a few places fro about a week. the pnfish are stacked, but tons of little ones. the water depth is from just inches to 4 ft. many of the crappies have been hitting on most types of small lures( tubes,paddle tails, twins tails, etc.) fish just 10 to 12 inches below a float. fee swimming a jig works to. it is tough to get enough for a meal( due to size) but shure is fun! grin.gif