• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowfishing Opener

I am from Blaine and I am wondering where the best place near there would be to shoot a monster carp... I have tried Clear Lake and only saw small ones.. My friends said White Bear Lake is good but I don't know where to go out there.

Also, in the winter, are there any good spots on the river by hudson?? Are there any really good spots to go to off shore in the summer near stillwater/hudson?

What I have been finding lately is that the carp are in the shallow water slack areas trying to sun themselves so these would be the first areas to check. this is mainly on the sunny days so if it is cloudy then it may be tough. Smaller rivers are the best places to check.

Hope this helps! I think that I may check out the cannon river by my house later this week for carp.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody shoot any carp lately? I am going to hit the cannon tommorow but I was just wondering how its been going since the season opened!!!!! I will post my results tommorow..

GOOD FISHIN!!!

SlaPPy don't worry your not alone!!! I missed so many times the other day That I eventually had an arrow tip that was about as dull as a baseball bat grin.gif!!!!!!!

Oh Well!!!!!!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fisher425,

Try putting in at Ramsey County Beach access. Straight out from the ramp to the left in that little bay. Go to the farthest corner and then swing back towards Ramsey.

I used to find them in there all the time.

Lower Pool 2 and 3 on the miss are packed with back sluws and bays. Anywhere you have shallow muddy areas with dead water there will be a ton of carp in there on sunny days. Some bays are a lot better than others but most hold fish. We have not seen many monsters but alot of 5-10 lb fish. Clearwater up by St Cloud used to have some HAWGS!!!! I have heard of fish up there that put the hook and line record to shame. But olny "heard" about them smirk.gif. We used to fish it just for carp some days because every fish you caught was huge.