• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie?

Fish'n guy

Just out of curiosity the other day I caught a crappie that was very healthy looking for its size but when I cleaned it I noticed a small white worm on the cleaning table. It was about 2-2.5" long skinny, a big head, and it had little rings around it(like the rings on a ring-n-grub from Catchn Tackle). Would this be a Tapeworm? Would it be safe to eat the meat if it is cooked well? I just brought the fish out so I could cook them tommorow but I don't want to get tapeworms nor anyone else in my family confused.gif. Thanks to any help!!!

I don't know about this one! I know that white grubs, or perch worms, are okay if cooked thoroughly, as are black dots, or neascus, but something that noticable and big would ward me off. I'd look further into it before consuming!