• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda 450 ES

coolbreeze

I seem to have developed an intermitent problem with the electric shifting in that on occasion it will stop shifting in any gear.The weird thing about it is if I add enough oil to just get over the mark on the dip stick it will shift again.I haven't found any oil on the floor and don't seem to have any leaks.Any word on the 2000 foreman having any issues like this? Thanks for any help....

Boy that's a first for me. Most of the time you can adjust the clutch and have no further issues. Requires a 14mm box end wrench and a flat blade screw driver. You could also have issues with the angle sensor or speed sensor, I have seen both of these go out many times. If your loosing oil its probably going out the crank breather or your getting some blow bye. Maybe not enough to see it smoke though. cool.gif

Thanks for the response's, I guess the blow bye makes the most sence to me as I use it to plow the drive when it snows. Rocking it does'nt do anything, nor does it help with the wrench when it decides not to shift.As strange as it seems, it will only start to shift again after I bring the oil level up past the mark on the dip stick.I watch it very closely and maintain the machine very well.I have been trying to advoid bringing it in to moon motors to go over it but may have to bite the bullet on this one.Thanks again for your input.