• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warm weather worries?

Gus

I run stock sleds. One is a 92 polaris EFI, and the other is a 91 polairs indy trail fan cooled carbed sled. I know the weather will probably effect the fan cooled sled more than the liquid. My question is, should I be worried about re-jetting for the warmer weather? Do I pose any risk of meltdown? I guess I'm not that knowlegable about sleds so I don't want to burn something up when I could have prevented it.

Gus; the only reason you would want to rejet for warmer weather is if you want more power. The warmer the air the richer your sled will run. Meltdowns caused by weather almost always occur when it is cold. Hope this helps?

I'd leave it as well. You will notice more smoke maybe from the richer mix and maybe foul a plug sooner than you otherwise would. Performance may be a little less good, but after all you aren't running a race, just trying to fish.

Capt