• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doggy Day Care?

96trigger

Ok everybody need your help on another one. Our puppy is only 12 weeks old, She no longer pees in the crate at night or during the day. She is making great strides in the training process. I am pleased with the way things are going and don't have any problem leaving the pup in the crate during the day. She, on the other hand, mentioned a doggy daycare place. We are paying a neighbor girl about $50 a month to walk the dog at 3:00 and play with her after school. My wife saw that for $70 a month she could be sending her to a doggy day care. I am totally against this. I wasn't even that enthused about the dog walker. I think that if we start sending her to a doggy day care she might start seeing that as home. I also don't want any other people involved in any training. Right now I only want the dog to listen to me or my wife and I want the dog to know that we are her caretakers. If you guys have any experience in this I would take some advice. The pups isn't suffering from any type of separation anxiety and the books we read says that she should be in her crate more than out the first year. We are not fighting about this, but it would be nice to go back to her with some real opinions instead of what a book says. Thanks.