• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Labs mouth foams

swampman

Ok ,I know this is going to sound stupid but my chocalate labs mouth foams so bad when she eats its disgusting .ok kind of funny too ,I have never had one do this before any body elses dog do this. She will also drewel horribly if she is watching somebody eat something. Just wondeing if anyone elses dog does this or if there is a medical reason.

Oh I think all lab owners have seen them drool! grin.gif That's a given with a Lab!!!!!

As far as the foaming mouth... if you feed dry food maybe add some water in with her food... sounds like she's a little low on the saliva. I've seen it out in the field during hunting season when we give our dogs a snack, they get all gooey and foamy around the lips, looks like heck, then they drink some water and it clears right up. Maybe a good case of cotton mouth when she's eating. ??? I guess I'm drawing at straws, but I really wouldn't know a medical condition.

Good Luck!

Ken

is your name Pavlov or are you ringing a bell at dinner time? JK. it sounds like she is like pavlovs dog. they all salvate when they eat its just your dog gets a lot more excited. do you feed your dog table food by chance? he associates when you as if he is going to get some so he starts fantacising about food preparing like he is going to get some. just my thoughts. i aint no psychologist however.

Thanks for the replies guys, I wasnt really worried about it I was just more amused I guess. Ken, your right I do feed her dry food and the adding water might help, The drooling(I knew I spelled it wrong in my first post, stating to have senior moments i'm only 44 proably be staring at the wall drooling like my dog in a couple of years.)anyway the drooling thing is more of a thing my teenage daughter likes to pull on her she will eat something in front of the dog just to get her going these are impressive drools hang all the way to the floor. Freighttrain you kind of hit the nail on the head with the pavlov thing and yes her and her sidekick the rat terrier have been thrown a table scrap or too. beggers both of them.Ok I will quit now and not take up anymore board space for people that might have more serious concerns.