• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LABS4ME, come out come out where ever you are!

duckbuster

Hey DB, long time no talk... Yep she went down again right after Christmas. She had troubles in all 3 derby events she entered. Twice was stupidity and her young mind getting over revved, once was a total botch by the judges in not calling a no-bird. The bird was literally just feet off the ground, barely nicked and it circled back behind the bird crates.... confused.gif yet they said to send her... needless to say where she ended up. Greg was not to happy with them when he was walking off the line. I guess when their are 50 some dogs entered, they will do what's needed to whittle it down quick! Greg insists she will be his "bullet" on the truck... Dave said it is her make or break year, he's willing to shell out another years worth of training and handling as long as she progresses. They're going to run 3 trials on the way home this year, their goal is a QAA this year and maybe some exposure in the open, if she gets hung up with the traditional stuff, it's a hunt test title and lots and lots of hunting. She's almost a little "over qualified" to hunt now! wink.gifhehehe He's pretty excited to see what happens, Greg is confident they will have success. Her couple of early failures in the Derby go back to not completing her "formal" yard work. Greg didn't get her till she was 11 months old.

How'd you fair? I'm sure you're itchin' to get her back in the game too. Is your trainer going to run any on the way up north? I'll get a run down of what local trials she will be running, maybe we can hook up at one of those, otherwise between now and then, if you want to do a little fishing, let me know... Always have room and time in my house!

Good Luck!

Ken

Hey LABS: Ya it was a very disappointing summer but that's what makes it fun. I tell you what,when you bring that dog to the line the stomach doesn't stop turning over until you get back to the truck.

Our little female did go south again ( Florida) and she will run some Q's on the way home, 4 to be exact. He has had my male puppy since he was 8 weeks old. That dog will be on the truck at all times. We are trying to fill his truck with " bullets" as well. If he doesn't feel the dog can make it as a trial dog by the summer we will sell him as a gun dog and start over. This will be the last winter trip for the female. I plan on breeding her this summer, possibly to a dog out west named Carbon Copy of Horn Creek, are you familiar with him? Because of this my trial season might be limited to the late April thru May months.

Our group is going up to URL & LOW next weekend any advice for us?

Good to hear from you. Stay in touch.