• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

chain case question

ethan77

si I brok the chain case last weekend.. I am wondering if any chaincase would work off of the same year and engine size. I have a 97 xc 600 triple and I can't find one for hat exact sled have found a few for diffrent sleds but not that year.... any0 comments on that?

I would imagine that a similar sled & similar year would have the same chaincase. Its a pretty standard part. You might want to call a Polaris dealer and get the part number and have them check that against the chaincases you are looking at.

One question- How did you break it??

WEll last year somehow I broke the jackshaft.. not sure how.. Iy rubbed the outer race... or bearing stop in the bottom sprocket.... well we were out riding and the bearing actually got lodged in there and twisted in the housing.. now the housing is missing a few pieces of alumnium in there.. I should have fised it last year when I noticed it but I thouhgt there was suck a small piece missing that it would not be a big deal

I have a 96 xcr 600. and have been through 3 chain cases.the first one I put on was from a 93 XLT. 2nd one was

from a 92 500 and the 3rd is off of a 97 xlt.. so what I am trying to say is as long as you have the same body style .I

do believe the chain case will be the same.. If you look on HSOList you should be able to find on there..

Good luck

TYGRO

ethan77-

You broke the jackshaft or driveshaft? I would assume you had a bearing fall apart on you on one end or another and that threw the whole shebang out of balance. My '89 Classic I had a number of years ago ended up with a bent jackshaft because of a bad bearing.

How many miles you have on that sled? You might want to have both side crankshaft and jackshaft bearings replaced.