• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportsman AWD problem

shamalex72

I was driving in the snow today and the front tires were engaged, problem is I didn't have the switch in awd mode. After it was back in the garage I noticed a black wire with a white connecter hanging out from under the pod but couldn't see where it was supposed to go. Just wondering if thats the problem. Thanks

I don't have the electrical book handy but have not ever noticed any unconnected wires inside the light pod. I'd take the pod apart (three little philip screws) and take a look to see if a matching connector is there.

What year is your sportsman. Does it have the demand drive hubs on the wheels or is it the new style hubs with the demand drive in the differential. The connection for the soleniod that runs the AWD is under the center cover. Is a magnetic soleniod that puts power to the rollers in the diff, Now there are some wires that don't run to anything on those machines so keep that in mind. Also I have seen this porblem before. Generally if the soleniod is unpluged your AWD won't work at all. If the wrong hub fluid is in the diff it will engage by itself and crack the cage for the rollors and be stuck with awd all the time. No seeing the problem much anymore. Technically you should be able to drive in 2x4 with the rear wheels spinning with no problems, but the syntrifical force on those machines will make them engage AWD. Polaris doesn't recomend spinning the rear wheels in 2 wheel drive. Like dave said I don't have the book infront of me either, this is just going by memory.