• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportman MV

sledhead

Any one even think about getting one of these. There not the best looking things but very heavy duty. It hold 9 gallons of fuel, has 150lbs front rack capacity and 300lbs rear, but the weight 1068lbs with gas and oil. WOW. oh yeah it's a 700 twin with a 600 trans. This is the military issue one, only difference is there no role cage and consumer models have key switches I guess. Im doing this all from memory, don't have my update book right in front of me so if Im off ol'well. grin.gif

my son used one in Afghanistan extensively, They are very durable, he was unable to break it and it was used in some of the roughest conditions over there. but it is too heavy for Mn laws. I wanted a rhino but have written it off for the same reason

Thanks- I'll tell him the next time I talk to him. He is currently deployed to Baqubah Iraq and we hear from him sporadically. No internet access and he calls from his sat phone every few weeks. Expect him home next september but you never know with the ever lengthening deployments.