• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cold temps

Buckslayer

Well dressing warm is obvious and I mean REAL warm. I can't imagine riding in -15 degree weather.

If your sled is carbed, you MAY want to check your book to see if you need to think about jets. Most set ups I remember from before I had EFI or ACCS had both altitude and temperature ranges for jets. They are quite broad though. You should probably check plugs if nothing else on that.

if you still have the stock jets installed, it will be good to like -20, but it also depends on the brand, since I am not up to date on all brands. I am gland I have EFI on my sled, well worth the extra 250 bucks.

Also make sure you have some hand warmers on hand and foot warmers and some chocolate candy bars and matches. Extra oil is good to carry to. In case of a break down you will want those things on hand. If you are going out to the boonies then it is very important you have these items along with some water.The water will not freeze if it is constantly moving around. Not solid atleast. If you break down you will be glad you have these items and if you have a hike in front of you to find help take everything with you. Including the oil, Oil burns slow and is helpful when needed to start emergency fires. You may even want to include an emergency candle. I have been waiting for enough snow to ride on but I think my living room looks alot more comfy when it is this cold out. Good luck and hope you need not use any of the items I have listed..